All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe impact of the 'information society' are multiform and transdisciplinary. There are few areas of social, political and ecomic life that have t been affected or challenged by the new techlogies of information and communication. In this short introduction, Armand Mattelart unpacks the tion of the information society, and examines why it has become the dominant paradigm for social change in the 21st Century. Critically, he also asks why the tion has come to dominant in the absence of any critical examination of the conditions under which it has been produced. Combining a long-term historical and geopolitical perspective, Mattelart questions the axioms used to legitimate the Information Society and critically assesses the ways in which it has been conceptualised as a theoretical concept as well as policy making tool. This introduction will be of interest to all students of media and communication, as well as social scientists in general.
- Author BiographyCritically, Mattelart asks why the notion has come to be dominant in the absence of any critical examination of the conditions under which it has been produced. Combining a long-term historical and geopolitical perspective, Mattelart questions the axioms used to legitimate the information society and critically assesses the ways in which it has been conceptualized as a theoretical concept as well as a policy making tool.
- Author(s)Armand Mattelart
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication12/03/2003
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight192 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.