Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is compiled of selected proceedings from the Landscapes Conference held at Turku University, Finland, in July 2005. The themes chosen for the conference - philosophy, ethics and sociological aspects, culture and education; social aspects; politics and regulation; ecomics and work; techlogy and emerging techlogies - represent many of the perspectives from which to view this landscape. The papers illustrate the diverse impacts of the information society and the changing paradigms within education, law, health care, the workplace and on future societal infrastructures through research initiatives and the development of new techlogies. In this book, IFIP WG9.2 has attempted to capture the new 'emerging landscape' of the Information Society. A picture of profound techlogical and social change emerges from this holistic approach. It offers a key to understanding the ramifications of computer techlogies within the information society, and of the social accountability of all those who work with and are affected by them.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/01/2006
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleIFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv.195
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight704 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byChris Zielinski,Kai Kimppa,Penny Duquenoy
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.