All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionThe topic of information SocietyA is of a very high importance, in the dawn of the new era. It is a highly invative tendency which leans on information as an energy in the fullest sense of the word. As a result, a way of thinking, a life style, an immaterial ecomy, and a specific societal model ensued. The Information Society and Development has both an academic and a referential aspect. It addresses the theme of the 'Information Society in nine chapters, covering approaching a new field of kwledge, the emergence, the concept, the characteristics, the challenge, mechanisms for taking up the challenge, joining the rank of developed countries, the principles of the bet, and assimilating the logic of war in peacetime. The work also includes the referential documents issued from the WSIS in its two phases held in Geneva and Tunisia respectively. The book contains a trilingual glossary (Arabic, French, English), including 2555 terms used in current research and studies in the field of the information society.
- Author BiographyProfessor Ridha Methnani has a PhD in Information and Communication Sciences from the Sorbonne University, Paris. He taught at the Institute of Law for Development, Paris and is currently teaching at the Higher Institute of Press and Communication Sciences. He is also lecturing in a number of higher education and academic institutions. Professor Methnani has held several missions and positions, namely President of the Higher Council of Com-munication, Director General of Radio Channels, Director General of TV Channels, Director General of International Cooperation Department at the Ministry of Higher Education, Scientific Research and Technology, Director of the Higher Institute of Press and Communication Sciences, and Director of the Higher Institute of Documentation. Professor Methnani is the author of several books, publications, and scientific and pedagogical studies in the field of Information and Communication Sciences, in-cluding Dictionary of Journalism and Medias (1991; co-author), The Concept of Mobilization and its Meanings, Characteristics and Channels of Mobilization Dis-course (1990), and Methods of Communication and Public Discourse (1994).
- Author(s)Methnani Ridha
- PublisherGarnet Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2010
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationReading
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIthaca Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight898 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine34 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.