Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.12Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $5.65+ AU $7.15 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by montysimo
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $16.50Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by lyndamarg_lmwares
- Est. delivery by 19 Dec
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Inheritance of Loss is Kiran Desai's extraordinary Man Booker Prize winning vel. High in the Himalayas sits a dilapidated mansion, home to three people, each dreaming of ather time. The judge, broken by a world too messy for justice, is haunted by his past. His orphan granddaughter has fallen in love with her handsome tutor, despite their different backgrounds and ideals. The cook's heart is with his son, who is working in a New York restaurant, mingling with an underclass from all over the globe as he seeks somewhere to call home. Around the house swirl the forces of revolution and change. Civil unrest is making itself felt, stirring up inner conflicts as powerful as those dividing the community, pitting the past against the present, nationalism against love, a small place against the troubles of a big world. A Magnificent vel of humane breadth and wisdom, comic tenderness and political acuteness. (Hermione Lee, chair of the Man Booker Prize judges). Poised, elegant and assured...breaks out into extraordinary beauty. (The Times). Desai's bold, original voice, and her ability to deal in a grand narratives with a deft comic touch that affectionately recalls some of the masters of Indian fiction, makes hers a vel to reread and remembered. (Independent). Kiran Desai was born in India in 1971, was educated in India, England and the United States, and w lives in New York. She is the author of Hullabaloo in the Guava Orchard, which was published to unanimous acclaim in over twenty-two countries, and The Inheritance of Loss, which won the Man Book Prize for Fiction and the National Book Critics Circle Award, was shortlisted for the Orange Broadband Prize for Fiction.
- Author BiographyKiran Desai was born in India in 1971, and was educated in India, in England, and the United States. She is the author of the critically acclaimed Hullabaloo in the Guava Orchard and The Inheritance of Loss, which won the Man Booker Prize in 2006.
- PrizesWinner of Man Booker Prize for Fiction 2006. Shortlisted for British Book Awards: Writer of the Year 2007 and Orange Broadband Prize for Fiction 2007.
- Author(s)Kiran Desai
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication07/06/2007
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight224 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.07New
- AU $21.61New
- AU $43.96New
- AU $25.09New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.49Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $16.42
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.32
- AU $59.73Trending at AU $61.98
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $22.30Trending at AU $22.95
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.