All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGert Verbelen is a young photographer and designer. For his Master's project, he has visited the mathematically calculated centres of the eighteen countries of the Eurozone. Going there, he ended up in the middle of people's daily lives in poor and deserted places. Europe is clearly t only the well-kwn institutions or the cities to which we make city trips. Verbelen avoided tourism and went to god-forsaken villages where young people live anymore, because there is work for them. Verbelen's photo-documentary shows a lot of sadness and loneliness, while at the same time, displaying the power of little communities and an affection for the place, the house, the kitchen, the chair in front of the TV ...Those small rooms are treasuries, and every detail tells a different story. If you look closely eugh, you can find stories everywhere. This book accompanies the exhibition 'The Inner Circle of Europe' at the photo-festival '80 days of summer, stories of identity' during the International Photo Festival Gent, from June 12 until August 30, 2015.
- Author BiographyGert Verbelen studied graphic design and photography at K.A.S.K. Gent, the Royal Academy for Fine Arts. In 2014 he finished his Master's program. His work has already been exhibited at the International BredaPhoto Festival.
- Author(s)Gert Verbelen
- PublisherCannibal/Hannibal Publishers
- Date of Publication26/08/2015
- Languageeng, dut
- Place of PublicationLichtervelde
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintCannibal/Hannibal Publishers
- Content Note139 colour
- Weight1792 g
- Width220 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.