All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.68
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $44.92
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
About this product
- DescriptionIn these pages, beloved mythologist Joseph Campbell explores the Space Age. He posits that the newly discovered laws of outer space are actually within us as well, and that a new mythology is implicit in that realization. But what is this new mythology? How can we recognize it? Campbell explores these questions in the concluding essay, The Way of Art, in which he demonstrates that metaphor is the language of art and argues that within the psyches of today s artists are the seeds of tomorrow s mythologies. Campbell writes in his introduction: My desire and great pleasure in the preparation of this little volume has been as rendering a return gift to the Graces for the transforming insights of these recent years, which...we have been testing out in a broadly shared spiritual adventure.
- Author BiographyJoseph Campbell (1904 1987) is widely credited with bringing mythology to a mass audience. His works, including the four-volume The Masks of God and The Power of Myth (with Bill Moyers), rank among the classics in mythology and literature.
- Author(s)Joseph Campbell
- PublisherNew World Library
- Date of Publication09/11/2012
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNovato, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew World Library
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.