All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis study focuses on one of the most idiosyncratic and interesting figures of the German Reformation, Sebastian Franck (1499-1542). Franck's life traces the margins of sixteenth-century religious dissent and the tolerance of heterodoxy. The book details Franck's appropriation of late medieval mysticism and humanism, which he shaped into a critique of all religious institutions and ideologies of his day, Catholic, Protestant, and Anabaptist. The work also examines the responses of religious and political authorities to Franck's critique; responses which revealed the fissures in the hierarchies of rule of the early Reformation, and the possibility for dissent in the age of religious reform.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Patrick Hayden-Roy is an assistant professor of History at Nebraska Wesleyan University. He received his B.A. from the University of Southern California, and his Ph.D. from Stanford University. He has published articles both in the U.S. and Germany. Dr. Hayden-Roy is currently on the editorial staff of Sebastian Franck's Works, which is in the process of publication by Peter Lang Verlag, Berlin.
- Author(s)Patrick Hayden-Roy
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/1994
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleRenaissance and Baroque Studies and Texts
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1994
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight480 g
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.