All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'The Insiders' A gripping tale of psychological intrigue centred around James: a man whose present is t only haunted by traumatic memories from the past, but troubled by dark visions of the future. Surrounded by a host of dynamic characters in the 'city of sin' - Las Vegas - and amidst a backdrop of casis, poker tables, cabaret shows, bright lights and dark alleys, James finds himself increasingly isolated and on the verge of a nervous breakdown, whilst pursuing a murderous nemesis who somehow frustrates his every move. There is turning back; James must discover the truth of THE INSIDERS, before it's too late...
- Author BiographyNick Carter was born in Kent, England, in 1975. He was a budding athlete as a child and at the age of 18 years he made his debut for the Great Britain National baseball squad, and then represented his country for the next 14 years. He also spent two years in California, USA, playing baseball at San Joaquin Delta college (20-22 years). Upon his return to the UK he worked for Major League Baseball International, coaching baseball all over Europe. He then decided to pursue a career in baseball coaching, so he obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree in Physical Education with Qualified Teacher status at the University of Brighton (2000-2003). However, during his time at the University of Brighton he discovered and fell in love with Contemporary dance (after being invited to audition for the all-male resident dance company, 'KickStart'). The aim of the dance company was to literally kickstart boys enthusiasm for dance and to help break down the negative stereotypes of males in dance. After he had completed his degree in Physical Education he taught for a couple of years, but then decided to undertake professional dance training at the Northern School of Contemporary Dance, Leeds (2005-2007). Whilst undertaking his professional dance training he was already working for numerous dance companies: Wired Aerial Theatre, Rosie Kay Dance Company, and Re-Trackin Dance Theatre. During this time he also embarked on a professional poker career and regularly frequented cardrooms all over England. He played poker professionally for four years before moving to Stockholm, Sweden, in 2008. However, with a lack of dance work, he returned to his earlier profession and began teaching Physical Education at the International English School, where he worked for the next 5 years. Sadly, in 2014 he could no longer take the cold, icy climate and culture of Scandinavia so he decided to move to a completely different culture: Thailand. There, he took a year off work to begin the writing of his first novel, The Insiders. Since the completion of The Insiders he returned to work, teaching Physical Education at HeadStart International School in Puket, Thailand. He is currently researching and developing his second novel, Operation 30, which is a tragic/comedic, autobiographical story about his failed dating experiences with Swedish women.
- Author(s)Senior Lecturer in History Nick Carter
- Date of Publication27/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byLuke Hewitson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.83Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.