All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a revised and expanded version of the much praised short book Universities: The Recovery of An Idea . It contains chapters on the history of universities, the value of university education, the nature of research, the management and funding of universities, plus additional essays on such subjects as human nature and the study of the humanities, interdisciplinary versus multidisciplinary study, information systems and the concept of a library, the prospects for e-learning, reforming universities, intellectual integrity and the realities of funding, and spiritual values and the kwledge ecomy.
- Author BiographyGordon Graham is Regius Professor of Moral Philosophy at Aberdeen University.
- Author(s)Gordon Graham
- PublisherImprint Academic
- Date of Publication18/03/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleSt Andrews Studies in Philosophy and Public Affairs
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 5
- Place of PublicationThorverton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintImprint Academic
- Weight705 g
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine56 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.