All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince the Treaty of Amsterdam (1999) the European Union's Area of freedom, security and justice (AFSJ) has become one of the most dynamic and fastest expanding European policy-making domains. With objectives such as enhanced internal security, a better management of migration challenges and improved access to justice the AFSJ addresses some fundamental concerns of European citizens. The institutions of the Union have to deliver on these objectives - and this book provides the first comprehensive analysis of how they have reacted and adapted to the specific challenges of the construction of the AFSJ. It covers all of the major Union institutions as well as the special agencies set up for police, judicial and border cooperation purposes. The book brings out the dynamics of institutional change and their impact on policymaking, taking into account also the new prospects offered by the 2009 Treaty of Lisbon reforms.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: Professor Jorg Monar is Director of Political and Administrative Studies at the College of Europe (Bruges) and holds the Chair of Contemporary European Studies at the Sussex European Institute (University of Sussex, Brighton). From 2005 to 2008 he was Director of an EU-funded project on EU internal security governance (SECURINT) at the Robert Schuman University (Strasbourg).
- PublisherEuropean Interuniversity Press
- Date of Publication03/06/2010
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleCahiers du College d'Europe/College of Europe Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- First Published2010
- ImprintEuropean Interuniversity Press
- Content Note13, 2 fig., 11 tables
- Weight380 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edited byJoerg Monar
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.