All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionScholars attempting to place Veblen in a particular intellectual tradition will only succeed in reaping frustration and confusion until it is recognized that he was primarily ^Isui generis^R and eclectic. This is the recurring theme that is made explicit in the introduction, conclusion, and some of the chapters of this work. Veblen was a thinker of such depth and power that he was able to create his own intellectual paradigm. The result of his endeavors is that more than a few intellectuals including his followers, the institutional ecomists, have spent their careers trying to understand the paradigm and to develop it in several directions for their own purposes.
- Author BiographyRICK TILMAN is Professor of Public Administration at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Dr. Tilman is the author of C. Wright Mills: A Native Radical and the American Intellectual Tradition (1984), Thorstein Veblen and His Critics 1891-1963 (1992), and A Veblen Treasury (1993).
- Author(s)Rick Tilman
- Date of Publication13/09/1996
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleContributions in Economics & Economic History
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 176
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight587 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.