Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionWith this volume, the author contributes an analysis of the present state of art history, the practice of interpreting art and making it intelligible . He aims to relocate the discussion of theory and method in art history away from models borrowed from other disciplines. Sketching the history of trends in art history - from description and biography, to social-historical methods, to the wave of postmodernist approaches - he seeks to set out a course that affirmsthe tools of language and methodology developed by generations of art historians.
- Author BiographyFormerly Robert Lehman Professor and Chair of the Department of History of Art at Yale University, Thomas Crow is now director of the Getty Research Institute in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Thomas Crow
- PublisherThe University of North Carolina Press
- Date of Publication31/08/2000
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleBettie Allison Rand Lectures in Art History
- Place of PublicationChapel Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of North Carolina Press
- Content Note12 colour illustrations, 34 b&w illustrations, index, notes
- Weight249 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.