All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Intelligent Clinician's Guide to the DSM-5(R) is the second edition of the widely-read book first published in 2013. This second edition is thoroughly revised, and has several new chapters describing the response to the publication of the new manual, as well as suggestions on its use in clinical practice. The Intelligent Clinician's Guide to the DSM-5(R), Second Edition reviews the history of diagsis in psychiatry, emphasizing the limitations for classification of our current lack of kwledge of the causes of most mental disorders. It emphasizes that, in the absence of biomarkers, current categories can only be considered provisional. It takes a critical look at schema for spectra and dimensionaliztion of diagsis, examines the borders between rmality and psychopathology, and discusses the problem of clinical utility. The book has chapters on all the major diagses in psychiatry, in which the main problems of diagsis are addressed, and in which all changes in DSM-5 are described.
- Author BiographyDr. Joel Paris was born in New York City, but has spent most of his life in Canada. Dr. Paris' research interest is in borderline personality disorder. Dr. Paris has 193 peer-reviewed articles, and is the author of 17 books and 40 book chapters. Dr. Paris is an educator who has has won awards for his teaching.
- Author(s)Joel Paris
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication02/04/2015
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width143 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.