Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- Description'An overview of the history of cocoa, the factors affecting its production and consumption as well as how the trade is conducted, various risks mitigated, and by whom...The International Cocoa Trade is a work designed to inform all on the subject of cocoa and an essential guide for those involved in its trade.' Dr J. Vingerhoets, Executive Director, ICCO Cocoa is a valuable commodity, and the cocoa trade involves many different parties from growers and exporters through dealers and factories to those trading futures and options and the banks they deal with. The International Cocoa Trade provides an authoritative and comprehensive review of the cocoa trade at the beginning of the twenty-first century, and the main factors that drive and affect that business. The opening chapter of the third edition examines the history and origins of the international cocoa trade, and its recent developments. The agromics of cocoa production are discussed in chapter two whilst chapter three deals with the environmental and practical factors affecting cocoa production. Chapters four, five and six cover issues around the export and trading of physical cocoa, including the actuals market, the physical contracts used and the futures and options markets. In chapter seven, the international consumption and stocks of cocoa are reviewed with chapter eight discussing the issue of quality assessment of cocoa beans for international trade. Finally, chapter nine focuses on the end product, examining the processing of cocoa beans and the manufacture of chocolate. Updated appendices provide copies of some of the most important documents used in the cocoa trade, including contracts, sale rules and world production statistics. This comprehensively updated third edition of The International Cocoa Trade ensures its continued status as the standard reference for all those involved in the production consumption and international trading of cocoa.
- Author BiographyRobin Dand is Product Manager at NYSE Liffe. He has previously worked for Gill & Dufus Limited, Holco Trading Company and as Shipping Manager at the ICCO. He is widely regarded as a leading authority on the cocoa trade.
- Author(s)Robin Dand
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication07/12/2010
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1140 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.