All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionFiber-reinforced polymer (FRP) composites have become an integral part of the construction industry because of their versatility, enhanced durability and resistance to fatigue and corrosion, high strength-to-weight ratio, accelerated construction, and lower maintenance and life-cycle costs. Advanced FRP composite materials are also emerging for a wide range of civil infrastructure applications. These include everything from bridge decks, bridge strengthening and repairs, and seismic retrofit to marine waterfront structures and sustainable, energy-efficient housing. The International Handbook of FRP Composites in Civil Engineering brings together a wealth of information on advances in materials, techniques, practices, ndestructive testing, and structural health monitoring of FRP composites, specifically for civil infrastructure. With a focus on professional applications, the handbook supplies design guidelines and standards of practice from around the world. It also includes helpful design formulas, tables, and charts to provide immediate answers to common questions. Organized into seven parts, the handbook covers: * FRP fundamentals, including history, codes and standards, manufacturing, materials, mechanics, and life-cycle costs * Bridge deck applications and the critical topic of connection design for FRP structural members * External reinforcement for rehabilitation, including the strengthening of reinforced concrete, masonry, wood, and metallic structures * FRP composites for the reinforcement of concrete structures, including material characteristics, design procedures, and quality assurance-quality control (QA/QC) issues * Hybrid FRP composite systems, with an emphasis on design, construction, QA/QC, and repair * Quality control, quality assurance, and evaluation using ndestructive testing, and in-service monitoring using structural health monitoring of FRP composites, including smart composites that can actively sense and respond to the environment and internal states * FRP-related books, journals, conference proceedings, organizations, and research sources Comprehensive yet concise, this is an invaluable reference for practicing engineers and construction professionals, as well as researchers and students. It offers ready-to-use information on how FRP composites can be more effectively utilized in new construction, repair and reconstruction, and architectural engineering.
- Author BiographyManoochehr Zoghi, Ph.D., P.E., is the associate dean and professor of the Lyles College of Engineering at California State University, Fresno. He is currently pursuing his MBA in sustainability from the San Francisco Institute of Architecture (SFIA). Dr. Zoghi has extensive academic, administrative, and consulting experience. He has taught a wide variety of civil engineering, engineering mechanics, and construction management courses and has conducted research in interdisciplinary areas of infrastructure revitalization, NDE and structural health monitoring, soil structure interaction, geohazards, and geotechnical engineering. Dr. Zoghi is a fellow of the American Society of Civil Engineers, a Coleman Fellow, and a Diplomate of Geotechnical Engineering, as well as an ABET program evaluator. He is a member of the American Society of Engineering Education and a member of Trustees of the California Homebuilding Foundation, and he serves on multiple national technical committees. A prolific author, Dr. Zoghi has published widely. He serves as an associate editor of the ASCE's Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, an associate editor of the ASCE's Journal of Professional Issues in Engineering Education and Practice, and is an editorial advisory panel member of the Institution of Civil Engineers' flagship journal.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication26/01/2009
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note352 black & white illustrations, 80 black & white tables
- Weight1406 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edited byManoochehr Zoghi
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.