All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionSocial Impact Assessment (SIA) is the process of analysing and managing the intended and unintended consequences on the human environment of planned interventions (policies, programmes, plans, projects) so as to bring about a more sustainable and equitable biophysical and human environment. This important Handbook presents an indispensable overview of the range of new methods and of the conceptual advances in SIA. Recent increased attention to social considerations has led to substantial development in the techniques useful to, and the thinking in, SIA. A distinguished group of contributors provides an up-to-date and comprehensive account of the cutting-edge in SIA development. This Handbook outlines a new understanding and definition of SIA and, as such, will be an invaluable reference tool for both practitioners and scholars at different levels working in the fields of SIA and environmental studies (including both impact assessment and management).
- Author BiographyEdited by Henk A. Becker, former Professor of Sociology, Utrecht University, The Netherlands and Frank Vanclay, Professor of Cultural Geography, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication27/09/2006
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
- Edited byFrank Vanclay,Henk A. Becker
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.