All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book investigates the realm of intellectual property rights (IPRs) within the context of international political ecomy. In particular, it examines the extent to which powerful interest groups, such as pharmaceutical multinational companies, influence the political dynamism underlying the field of IPRs. Meir Perez Pugatch argues that a pure ecomic approach does t provide a sufficient or satisfactory explanation for the creation of intellectual property rights, most tably patents. The author instead suggests that a dynamic approach, based on the international political ecomy of interest groups and systemic outcomes, provides a better starting point for explaining how the international intellectual property agenda is determined. The book explores the manner in which the R&D-based pharmaceutical industry in Europe organised and operated between 1995 and 1999 in order to secure its interests with regard to the agreement on trade-related aspects of intellectual property rights (TRIPs) of the World Trade Organisation. The International Political Ecomy of Intellectual Property Rights will be warmly welcomed by scholars, practitioners, and government officials interested in the fields of international trade and intellectual property policy, intellectual property law and international business. The potential readership is as likely to come from developed as from developing countries. The latter may find the process of IP policy making of particular interest and relevance given current international IP developments.
- Author BiographyMeir Perez Pugatch, University of Haifa, Israel
- Author(s)M. Pugatch,Meir Perez Pugatch
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/06/2004
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Series TitleNew Horizons in Intellectual Property Series
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteFig.tabs.
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $19.30Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.