All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAerodynamics has never been more central to the development of cars, commercial vehicles, motorbikes, trains and human powered vehicles, driven by the need for efficiency: reducing carbon dioxide emissions, reducing fuel consumption, increasing range and alleviating problems associated with traffic congestion. Reducing vehicle weight makes it more challenging to ensure that they are stable and handle well over a wide range of environmental conditions. Lighter structures are also more vulnerable to aerodynamically induced vibration. Alongside this, customers demand an environment that is quiet, comfortable and maintains their vision of the world around them in all weathers. These aims must be met by designing vehicles that engage customers emotionally, promoting the brand values of manufacturers and operators. This can only be done by collaboration between designers and aerodynamicists.
- Author BiographyThe Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) is one of the leading professional engineering institutions in the world.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication23/10/2014
- SubjectTransport Technology
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight480 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.