All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFinancial markets in Europe have become increasingly integrated in recent years, leading to a rise in foreign ownership of domestic equities and other assets. This volume brings together ten expert contributions to provide an authoritative analysis of the evolution and implications of foreign ownership in Europe today. In addition to providing new data on the extent of foreign ownership in Europe, the authors analyse some of the major challenges it brings for policy-makers at both the European and the national level. Part I looks at the legal framework for foreign ownership and for cross-border mergers and acquisitions. Part II explores important aspects of the ecomic impact of foreign ownership, including taxation and labour market outcomes, from a European perspective. The volume concludes with four in-depth country studies that focus on the process of internationalisation of assets in Finland, Italy, Sweden and the UK.
- Author BiographyHarry Huizinga is Professor of Economics at the University of Tilburg, Netherlands and former Economic Adviser, Directorate General for Economic and Financial Affairs, European Commission, Brussels (2002-3). He is editor (with S. Eijffinger) of Positive Political Economy: Theory and Evidence (Cambridge 1998). Lars Jonung is Professor and Research Adviser, Directorate General for Economic and Financial Affairs, European Commission, Brussels. He is former Professor in Economics at the Stockholm School of Economics, Sweden, and Chief Economic Adviser to Prime Minister Carl Bildt (1992-94). He has published numerous books both as editor and author including The Stockholm School of Economics Revisited, (Cambridge 1991), and Lessons for EMU from the History of Monetary Unions (with M. D. Bordo, IEA 2000).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication13/10/2005
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note56 tables
- Weight660 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byHarry P. Huizinga,Lars Jonung
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.