The Internet and Library and Information Services: Issues, Trends and Annotated Bibliography 1994-1995 by ABC-CLIO (Hardback, 1996)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $146.50Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $164.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe literature on the Internet and library and information services has emerged since 1990 and has exploded in 1994 and 1995. Though the amount of material on this topic has increased significantly, little has been done to organize this body of literature. This book selects, organizes, reviews, analyzes, and presents books and articles on the Internet and the library published in 1994 and 1995. An introductory essay provides a comprehensive discussion of the most important issues, trends, and challenges faced by library and information professionals as they respond to the Internet in diverse ways. The antated bibliography that follows contains more than a thousand entries, which are grouped in topical chapters to facilitate use. The emergence of the Internet has had a profound impact on society in general and on library and information services in particular. The Internet is widely used in various library and information operations including information selection, organization, preservation, processing, presentation, and delivery. The literature on the Internet and library and information services has emerged since 1990 and covers a great variety of issues. Since 1994, publications on this topic have grown dramatically. While literature before 1994 tends to be primarily descriptive, more recent works are analytical and provide valuable information on the use of the Internet in libraries. Though the amount of literature on the Internet and library and information services has exploded, little effort has been made to organize this vast body of information. This book is a research guide to the most important books and articles published on the Internet and library and information services in 1994 and 1995. The volume begins with a comprehensive essay that identifies and highlights the issues, trends, and challenges faced by library and information professionals today, as they incorporate the Internet in their work. The antated bibliography that follows cites more than a thousand books and articles on the Internet and library and information services. The entries are grouped in topical sections to facilitate use, and the extensive indexes further allow the reader to locate specific information.
- Author BiographyLewis-Guodo Liu received a PhD and MEd from the State University of New York at Buffalo, specializing in educational technology and economics of higher education, and a MS from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He also holds a MBA degree. Dr. Liu has a number of publications and international conference papers on library and information services, educational technology, and economics of higher education. He currently works at Wright State University.
- Date of Publication13/09/1996
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleBibliographies and Indexes in Library and Information Science
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 10.
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight620 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byLewis-Guodo Liu
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statementannotated edition
Save on Other
- AU $19.02Trending at AU $21.49
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $51.16
- AU $18.18Trending at AU $21.90
- AU $26.11Trending at AU $28.13
- AU $35.56Trending at AU $40.78
- AU $30.44Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $17.41Trending at AU $22.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.