CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionDespite its low penetration in China s vast rural areas, the Internet is generally perceived as a new engine for rural empowerment. By examining five Internet application initiatives in rural China, this book offers a unique view of the diffusion and usage of the Internet and its implications on the lives of rural people. Placed in the political, socioecomic and infrastructure contexts of rural China, the book departs from the classical diffusion of invations model and extends the existing kwledge on the adoption and usage of the Internet by rural people. In addition to testing the applicability of the diffusion of invations theory to the diffusion of Information and Communications Techlogies in the rural areas today, the study provides rich empirical evidence regarding the actual impact of the Internet on the livelihood of rural people. It also shows some invative uses of the Internet in rural development.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Jinqiu Zhao is Associate Professor at the International Communications College at Communication University of China in Beijing. She received her Ph.D. from the Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. She has been a university teacher and researcher since 1993 and has published articles on various aspects of Asian communication studies in journals and books around the world. Her research interests include issues in Chinese communication, comparative media systems, social impact of new communication technologies, and media effects.
- Author(s)Jinqiu Zhao
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Series TitleEuropaeische Hochschulschriften / European University Studies / Publications Universitaires Europeennes
- Series Part/Volume Number97
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight380 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.