All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTolerance currently occupies a very high place in Western culture, a bit like motherhood and apple pie in 1950s America: it is considered gauche, even boorish, to question it. In The Intolerance of Tolerance, however, questioning tolerance or, at least, contemporary understandings of it is exactly what D. A. Carson does.
Carson traces the subtle but ermous shift in the way we have come to understand tolerance over recent years from defending the rights of those who hold different beliefs to affirming all beliefs as equally valid and correct. He reviews the history of this shift and discusses its implications for culture today, especially how it bears on democracy, discussions about good and evil, and Christian truth claims. Using real-life examples that will sometimes arouse laughter and sometimes make the blood boil, Carson argues t only that the new tolerance is socially dangerous and intellectually debilitating but also that it actually leads to genuine intolerance of all who struggle to hold fast to their beliefs.
- Author(s)D. A. Carson
- PublisherInter-Varsity Press
- Date of Publication17/02/2012
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationNottingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintInter-Varsity Press
- Width157 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.