All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
- AU $46.19New
- AU $24.80New
- AU $31.50New
- AU $14.52New
Save on Audio Books
- AU $47.29Trending at AU $51.08
- AU $38.88Trending at AU $47.27
- AU $18.49Trending at AU $20.20
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $36.91
- AU $22.68Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $12.98Trending at AU $14.10
About this product
- DescriptionA girl scarred by her past. A refugee mother uncertain of her future. Five little girls who brought them together.After nearly dying of breast cancer in her twenties, Sarah Thebarge fled her successful career, her Ivy League education, and a failed relationship on the East Coast and started over in Portland, Oregon. She was hoping to quietly pick up the pieces of her broken life, but instead she met Hadhi and her daughters, and set out on an adventure she d never anticipated.Hadhi was fighting battles of her own. A Somali refugee abandoned by her husband, she was struggling to raise five young daughters in a culture she didn t understand. When their worlds collided, Hadhi and the girls were on the brink of starvation in their own home, invisible in a neighborhood of strangers. As Sarah helped Hadhi and the girls navigate American life, her outreach to the family became a source of courage and a lifeline for herself.Poignant, and at times shattering, Sarah Thebarge s riveting memoir invites listeners into her story, finding connection, love, and redemption in the most unexpected places.This audio book contains adult language.
- Author BiographySarah Thebarge is a speaker and author who grew up as a pastor s kid in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. She earned a master s degree in medical science from Yale School of Medicine and was studying journalism at Columbia University when she was diagnosed with breast cancer at age twenty-seven. She has written for Relevant and Christianity Today, and has spoken at Donald Miller s Storyline conference. Her writing earned first prize from the National Evangelical Press Association in 2012. She currently lives in Portland, Oregon.
- Author(s)Sarah Thebarge
- PublisherOasis Audio
- Date of Publication16/04/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOasis Audio
- Weight163 g
- Width165 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Narrator(s)Kirsten Potter
- Contained items statement5 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time381
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.