All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe author writes about growing up in the deep south, joining the military to escape poverty and sacrificing so his children could work hard and sacrifice in pursuit of their American dream when; in the prime of his life, an alleged agreement in 1977-1978, between an alleged combined Southern conservative and Pro Anti-Abortion Group and Big Business; created an Invisible Klan in the United states courts that at the prime of his life; destroyed his family and deprived him of his liberty and life as he had kwn it and; this combined Group have divided this nation into the haves and have-ts and; deprived middle class Americans of the ability to dream.
- Author BiographyThe author was born in 1930 on a farm located in a rural farming area near the Florida/Georgia border. His parents were un-educated and poor. They sharecropped their own farm. Blacks were second or third class citizens and subject to Southern Jim Crow law.The Klan was the prosecutor, judge, and jury. In 1936 Klan activity forced the family from the farm into government projects in Tampa, Florida. In 1948 he joined the air force. He returned four years later, made a down payments on a houses for his mother and a house for his sister; and moved them out of the projects. In 1968 after twenty-years of service as an enlisted man, he retired from the air force and accepted a junior executive position in division headquarters of a major bank in Fresno, California. He returned to Tampa in 1976. 1977-1983, he was Director, EEO, Hillsborough County Hospital and Welfare Board. In an attempt to save a small defunct black bank for the black community, he resigned in 1983 and assumed the position of ex. v.p. and coo, of that bank. The bank was revitialized and in September 1984, a big 8 auditing firm reported that he had brought the from out of the red and, the bank now had a positive net worth. Three months later, this terrible Nightmare began. Community Service: member Fresno City Housing, finance, and Appeals Board; Fresno County Mental Health Association; and East Fresno Kiwanis Club. Commissioner, Tampa Housing Authority; Commissioner, Hillsborough County Revenue Bond Board; and member Hillsborough County Sheriff Advisory Board.
- Author(s)Leonard C Garrett
- Date of Publication06/05/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $23.89Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.