Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
About this product
- DescriptionRory O'Rourke's heart thundered in his chest, in rhythm to the footfalls of his three day horse, Galaway, as they approached the Bench Seat jump.The horse was a nine-year old blood bay Irish Sport Horse and Rory's favorite in his string of six eventing horses. Rory supported with his hands while he pushed with his legs to keep the impulsion, Easy boy, you're doing great. Rory smiled Good boy, only thirty yards to the finish and you feel wonderful. No sooner had the words left his mouth, than Rory simultaneously heard a large cracking ise and felt Galaway falter beneath him. The falter turned quickly to a stagger and then a precipitous crash to the ground. Rory thought, My God, what happened ...?, as the earth rushed up to meet him. Brutal pain hit him in the shoulders and legs, then thing, darkness. * * Rory's heart stopped then leaped into his throat and stuck there as his eyes couldn't believe the scene that lay out in front of him. A small slight girl with long hair flying out behind her was galloping full stride on a spectacular dark stallion across the grass flat track with four, giant hounds racing beside her. The sun reflected off her golden red hair, making it shimmer like liquid gold. She rode like she was part of the magnificent horse she was on; you could tell they were linked together with a bond that was unusual. Rory gasped when he saw a dark blur in the sky dive straight down at the horse and rider then level off to fly beside them. My god, what is that hawk doing? Is he going to attack the girl? He couldn't take his eyes away as she easily took a tall log jump then galloped up a steep incline to jump a brush with multiple logs, one stride after reaching the top. He realized he was holding his breath. He released it with a whoosh, as she cleared the brush, then galloped headlong down the other side over a drop jump at the bottom. The hawk is still with her, it's as if he kws her. Bree opened her horse's stride even more, as she jumped a large imposing stone wall, then eight more difficult cross country jumps down the valley. My God! She doesn't even have a riding helmet on. He couldn't take his eyes off her, as she turned back onto the flat track, then leaned over to hug her horse as she slowed him to a canter. He could see, let alone hear her joyful laugh. He grabbed Egan's arm when she gracefully brought her knees up on the saddle, then rose to her feet. She cantered along, standing on the saddle as if on a Sunday ride. My Lord, Egan. Who is she? I can't believe my eyes!
- Author(s)Caroline Bonham
- Date of Publication24/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.