All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Iron Curtain tells the story of rugby pioneer Phil Larder, the first coach to break through the hidden wall between rugby league and union. The journey starts with Phil's upbringing as a player, takes in the 80s rugby league revolution he sparked as national coaching director, and his jump across the barricades to rugby union in 1997. The authors examine how rugby league ideas revolutionised the concept of defence in union and changed the face of the game forever, and discuss the scientific 'quantum leaps' in analysis and conditioning under Sir Clive Woodward that led to triumph in 2003. In a book that will appeal to rugby lovers of both codes, Phil reveals the sources of his coaching inspiration, the players he loved working with and the secrets of his defensive invation, giving his frank views on the English Premiership and the two Lions tours in which he was involved.
- Author BiographyNick Bishop is an elite performance consultant and author of Seeing Red and The Good the Bad and the Ugly, both shortlisted for the BSBA Sports Book of the Year. After playing for Oldham RLFC, Phil Larder MBE became the Director of Coaching in British Rugby League in 1982, and joined Clive Woodward's England team as defensive coach in 1997.
- Author(s)Nicholas Bishop,Phil Larder
- PublisherPitch Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPitch Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteassorted mono and colour pictures
- Weight567 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.