All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionWith the nineteenth-century enthusiasm for railways came a demand for everfaster locomotives that could haul greater loads than their predecessors. As different companies competed in what is w kwn as the 'steam era', the face of locomotives was changed forever. The Iron Horse is an accessible and illustrated study of the development of the steam railway locomotive, from Trevithick, Hedley, Blenkinsop, Seguin, Stevenson and other pioneers to the ground-breaking analytical work of Chapelon and his disciples. Here John Walter outlines the fascinating history of steam railway locomotives followed by a comprehensive and easy-to-understand directory based on the Whyte wheel classifi cation system. Packed with images, diagrams and contemporary artworks, this wellresearched book will be indispensable to casual and serious enthusiasts alike.
- Author BiographyJohn Walter has published more than 50 books under a variety of names, including The Luger Story and Rifles of the World. His books have appeared in 11 languages and range from military history to steamships, railways and naval history.
- Author(s)John Walter
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication03/11/2016
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note120 black & white illustrations
- Width248 mm
- Height226 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.