All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Islamists Are Coming: Who They Really Are is the first book to survey the rise of Islamist groups in the wake of the Arab Spring. Often lumped together, the more than 50 Islamist parties with millions of followers w constitute a whole new spectrum - separate from either militants or secular parties. They will shape the new order in the world's most volatile region more than any other political bloc. Yet they have diverse goals and different constituencies. Sometimes they are even rivals. A wide range of experts from three continents cover the major countries where Islamist parties are redefining politics and the regional balance of power. They cover the origins, evolution, positions on key issues and future in key countries. Robin Wright offers an overview, Olivier Roy explains how Islam and democracy are w interdependent, Annika Folkeson profiles the 50 Islamist parties, and 10 experts identify Islamists in Algeria, Egypt (two), Jordan, Leban, Libya, Morocco, the Palestinian territories, Syria, and Tunisia. Each chapter has an identical format designed to help both a general audience and specialists. A book website at www.theislamistsarecoming.com will provide updates and an ongoing conversation among these and other experts.
- Author BiographyAuthor, journalist and foreign policy analyst Robin Wright has reported from 140 countries for The Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, The Sunday Times of London and CBS News. She has also written for The New Yorker, The Atlantic, The New York Times Magazine, TIME, Foreign Affairs and others. Currently a joint fellow at USIP and the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, Wright has been a fellow at Yale, Duke, Stanford, Brookings Institution and the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. Ms. Wright is the 2012 recipient of the Overseas Press Club's Cornelius Ryan Award for the best non-fiction book on international affairs: Rock the Casbah: Rage and Rebellion Across the Islamic World.
- PublisherUnited States Institute of Peace Press
- Date of Publication20/05/2012
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUnited States Institute of Peace Press
- Weight526 g
- Width279 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byRobin Wright
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.