All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 1965, The Island of Apples is a brilliant account of a pre-adolescent boy s romantic imagination and dangerous enthrallment, set vividly in industrial south Wales and rural Carmarthenshire in the early twentieth century. In the vel, the life of Dewi Davies is suddenly altered by the appearance of a stranger in his valley town, a youth from a seemingly glamorous background who possesses all that Dewi finds lacking in his own restricted existence.
- Author BiographyGlyn Jones was the pioneer of the generation of Anglo-Welsh writers which included Vernon Watkin, Dylan Thomas and Idris Davies. The Island of Apples is regarded as the best of his novels. He has also published numerous volumes of short stories, poems, criticism (The Dragon has Two Tongues) and translations.
- Author(s)Glyn Jones
- PublisherUniversity of Wales Press
- Date of Publication16/05/2011
- Place of PublicationWales
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUniversity of Wales Press
- Weight304 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.