All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionWhat will become of us? Four people, the sole survivors of a shipwreck, crawl out of the sea. Two of them are masters, and two of them are servants; and all four are about to discover what life feels like when the boot is on the other foot. Marivaux's potent mix of laughter, emotion and theatrical game-playing makes him one of the most surprising and most modern of all classic playwrights. Neil Bartlett has adapted this brilliant comedy of role-swapping and redemption, which premiered at the Lyric Hammersmith in April 2002.
- Author BiographyHe is considered one of the most important French playwrights of the 18th century, writing numerous comedies for the Comedie-Francaise and the Comedie-Italienne of Paris. His most important works are Le Triomphe de l'amour (The Triumph of Love), Le Jeu de l'amour et du hasard (The Game of Love and Chance) and Les Fausses Confidences (False Admissions). He also published a number of essays and two important but unfinished novels, La Vie de Marianne and Le Paysan parvenu. Neil Bartlett is one of his generation's most respected and innovative theatre directors. His highly individual translations of French and German classical theatre, and charcteristically theatrical adaptations of Dickens, most of them originated while he was Artistic Director of the Lyric Hammersmith in London, have been played around the world. His plays have premiered at the Royal Court, at the Manchester International Festival and at the National Theatre in London.
- Author(s)Pierre Carlet De Chamblain De Marivaux
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2002
- LanguageEnglish & English
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleAbsolute Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOberon Books Ltd
- Weight95 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Translated byNeil Bartlett
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.