All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe allure of Maine lighthouses is as formidable as its seacoast, attracting thousands of visitors and enthusiasts each year. From the rthernmost outpost of Whitlock Mills Light to Grindle Point Light on Isleboro, to the southern beacon of Cape Neddick (Nubble) Light one of the most scenic and most photographed lighthouses in the world, boasting over 250,000 visitors annually a total of sixty-four existing lighthouses dot the bold coast and rugged islands of Maine. The Islandport Guide to Lighthouses in Maine celebrates the long-standing history and importance of each lighthouse, as well as its modern-day use and accessibility. A special section for mariners will detail the sea approach to 22 of the lighthouses. Gorgeous four-color photography by photographer, Courtney Thompson, combined with vintage postcard imagery make this guidebook as handsome as it is useful, with updated descriptions and directions to each destination, GPS coordinates, a checklist, and relevant resource information on surrounding attractions that will help make the most of your visit.
- Author BiographyLighthouse historian and outstanding American Lighthouse Foundation volunteer and guide, Ted Panayotoff, has been instrumental in bringing Maine s Rockland Breakwater Light back to its former glory, and is currently overseeing the rehabilitation of the Oswego lighthouse in New York. A long-time former resident and inn owner in Camden, Panayotoff currently offers lighthouse tours onboard the schooner Mary Day in the summer. He has received numerous honors from the American Lighthouse Foundation, including the Len Hadley Volunteerism Award. He lives in Oswego, New York, with his wife.
- Author(s)Ted Panayotoff
- PublisherIslandport Press
- Date of Publication02/06/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIslandport Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width137 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.