All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBues Aires, 1992. Hacker Felipe Felix is summoned to the vertigius twin towers of magnate Fausto Tamerlan and charged with finding the witnesses to a very public crime. Rejecting the mission is t an option. After a decade spent immersed in drugs and virtual realities, trying to forget the freezing trench in which he passed the Falklands War, Felix is forced to confront the city around him - and realises to his shock that the war never really ended. A detective vel, a cyber-thriller, an inner-city road trip and a war memoir, The Islands is a hilarious, devastating and dizzyingly surreal account of a history that remains all too raw.
- Author BiographyCarlos Gamerro, born in 1962, is one of the most highly regarded contemporary Argentine writers. He has written four novels, including The Islands and An Open Secret (Pushkin Press). He adapted The Islands for a major theatrical production in 2011. Gamerro, who was brought up bilingually in English and Spanish, has translated Shakespeare, Auden, and Harold Bloom, and lectures in 20th century literature in Buenos Aires. --------- Ian Barnett hails originally from the Wirral, and lived in Oxford, Paris, Barcelona and Managua before moving to Buenos Aires in 1991. Since then he has translated many of the River Plate's leading writers. He has already translated Caarlos Gamerro's An Open Secret.
- Author(s)Carlos Gamerro
- PublisherAnd Other Stories
- Date of Publication19/04/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationHigh Wycombe
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnd Other Stories
- Weight227 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Translated byIan Barnett
- Introduction byJimmy Burns
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $52.84
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.43
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.27
- AU $22.01Trending at AU $22.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.