The Israeli Economy from the Foundation of the State Through the 21st Century: From the Founding of the State Through the 21st Century by Paul Rivlin (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $122.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $86.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book analyzes the development of the Israeli ecomy in its historical context. It shows how the ideology of the dominant group in the Zionist movement led to the development of agriculture, thus meeting the preconditions for successful industrialization. Remarkable, if uneven, growth has taken place, with increasing allocations for defense. Regional isolation led to the emphasis on high-quality exports for developed markets that has stimulated the techlogical base. Israel has benefited from mass immigration and increased access to foreign capital, factors that have transformed the ecomy. The book includes chapters on the development of the Jewish community in Palestine during the British Mandate; macroecomic developments and ecomic policy; globalization and high techlogy; defense; the ecomics of the Arab mirity; Israeli settlements and relations with the Palestinians; and the role of religion. It concludes with an examination of the socioecomic divisions that have widened as the ecomy has grown.
- Author BiographyPaul Rivlin is the Sandra Glass Senior Fellow at the Moshe Dayan Center for Middle East and African Studies at Tel Aviv University. He is the author of four other books: The Dynamics of Economic Policy Making in Egypt (1985), The Israeli Economy (1992), Economic Policy and Performance in the Arab World (2001) and Arab Economies in the Twenty-First Century (2009), as well as numerous monographs, papers, contributed chapters, articles and reports on economic development in the Middle East and on international energy markets, defense and trade economics. Educated at Cambridge, Harvard and London Universities, he has taught undergraduate and graduate courses on Middle East economics at Tel Aviv University, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev and London University and he has been a visiting professor of economics at Emory University. He has lectured in the United States, China, Canada, Egypt, India, Japan, Turkey and Europe.
- Author(s)Paul Rivlin
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication15/11/2010
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note37 b/w illus. 2 maps 45 tables
- Weight530 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.