All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionThe Book of Ecclesiastes is part of the wisdom literature of the Bible. It concerns itself with universal philosophical questions rather than events in the history of Israel and in the Hebrews' covenant with God. Koheleth, the speaker in this book, ruminates on what-if anything-has lasting value, and how-if at all-God interacts with humankind. Koheleth expresses bewilderment and frustration at life's absurdities and injustices. He grapples with the inequities that pervade the world and the frailty and limitations of human wisdom and righteousness. His awareness of these discomfiting facts coexists with a firm belief in God's rule and God's fundamental justice, and he looks for ways to define a meaningful life in a world where so much is senseless. Ecclesiastes is traditionally read on the Jewish holiday Sukkot, the harvest festival.
- Author BiographyMichael V. Fox received his rabbinical ordination from Hebrew Union College, USA. He received a PhD in Bible, Semitics, and Egyptology from the Hebrew University, Israel. He is currently Halls-Bascom Professor of Hebrew at the University of Wisconsin, USA.
- Author(s)Michael V. Fox
- PublisherJewish Publication Society
- Date of Publication01/04/2004
- LanguageEnglish & Hebrew
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleJPS Bible Commentary
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJewish Publication Society
- Weight517 g
- Width5182 mm
- Height6452 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.