All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRipper Murders From Old Photographs is t a standard retelling of the story of the Whitechapel Murders but the tale of historically important photographs connected to the case, discovered by the author in 2007. Half of the book deals with The Whitby Collection. This is a surviving series of 27 images taken by the amateur crimilogist John Gordon Whitby in 1961. They show many of the murder locations and related streets as they looked at that time. The book will t only tell the kwn facts about the photographer, but will - for the first time - reproduce every one of the photographs, along with modern comparison shots in colour. The second half of the book deals with an image that some have described as the most important photographic discovery in the Jack the Ripper case for quarter of a century. Before the discovery of a unique image purchased on eBay for less than $5, photographic image was kwn to exist of the murder location of supposed Ripper victim Elizabeth Stride. Not only will this book present the photograph to the world for the first time, it will also discuss in detail the vast amount of research that has been undertaken to authenticate and date the image and, with frequent reference to the photo album it came from, will try to close in on identifying the photographer.
- Author BiographyPhilip Hutchinson is the author of several history books and is now one of the world's best-known and respected Jack the Ripper tour guides in London. In 2007, he twice had the fortune to acquire extremely important and previously unknown photographs of the murder locations, which form part of his extensive collection of true crime ephemera. Philip has been a Council Member of the world's oldest paranormal organisation, The Ghost Club, since 2001 and has for some years also played the role of emcee for The Whitechapel Society 1888. He lives in Guildford, Surrey.
- Author(s)Philip Hutchinson
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication31/10/2009
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note110
- Weight249 g
- Width165 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.