All listings for this product
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $29.99
- AU $12.50Trending at AU $13.38
- AU $9.91Trending at AU $13.59
- AU $9.58Trending at AU $19.02
- AU $8.68Trending at AU $15.40
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $16.73
- AU $20.06Trending at AU $24.91
About this product
- DescriptionIllustrated by Grace Lin The story begins at the turn of the 19th century in South China, where Yenyee and her family live. One night, her fisherman father vanishes in a ferocious storm at sea. But it is t only her father that she loses that day. Yenyee also feels betrayed by the ocean, a friend she has trusted all her life, and betrayed by her family, who send her across the Pacific to the New World to be a servant. In a strange new place, Yenyee must overcome her loneliness to find strength in the ocean once more. In full-colour. Ages 4-8.
- Author BiographyPaul Yee is one of Canada's finest writers for children. He is a past winner of the Governor General's Award for Children's Literature (1996) for Ghost Train. His other award-winning books include Tales from Gold Mountain and Roses Sing on New Snow. Grace Lin is the author and illustrator of Dim Sum for Everyone!, which Booklist called graphically striking...a treat , and Kite Flying. She lives in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Paul Yee
- PublisherTradewind Books
- Date of Publication08/01/2002
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTradewind Books
- Content Notecolour and b&w illustrations
- Weight160 g
- Width210 mm
- Height270 mm
- Illustrator(s)Grace Lin
- Reading AgeFrom 4 To 8
- Interest Age4-8
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.