All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $25.73Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.79
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $24.72Trending at AU $29.63
About this product
- DescriptionHistory isn't names and dates -- it's an adventure story. And so is The Jericho River. Both a young adult fantasy vel and a history, it's won multiple awards, including first place at the London Book Festival and the Next Generation Indie Book Awards. The Jericho River flows through a magical world shaped by myth and history. Young Jason Gallo sails the river on a dangerous quest to rescue his estranged father. He battles mitaurs and pirates, flees barbarians, stumbles into mummies' tombs, and outwits fairies, philosophers, and scientists. Along the way, he finds love and betrayal, faces the legacy of a broken family -- and flees a hidden foe who threatens all he holds dear. But Jason's tale is more than an adventure story. The river flows like a timeline, carrying the young man through historic lands -- Sumer, Babylonia, ancient Greece, Medieval Europe, the colonial empires, and many others -- all in chrological order, tracing the history of Western Civilization, from its Middle Eastern origins to modern times. Professor Gallo, Jason's father, is a historian, and his tes outline the journey, revealing the truth about Cleopatra, King Arthur, and the fall of the Roman Empire. He explains how Sw White began as a goddess and how a French lawyer's son became king of Sweden, as well as the origins of coffee, the cat, chivalry, the Internet, Atlantis -- and much more. Featuring twenty-six vivid historical illustrations and three maps.
- Author BiographyDavid W. Tollen earned his B.A. in history from U.C. Berkeley and went on to earn law degrees from Cambridge University and Harvard Law School. He's passionate about history and enjoys writing imaginative stories that spread knowledge of the past, and of science too. In addition to writing books, he speaks about history and blogs at www.PintsOfHistory.com. David also writes and speaks about the law. He's the author of the American Bar Association's bestselling manual on technology agreements, The Tech Contracts Handbook (www.TechContracts.com): the number-one bestseller for the Intellectual Property Section of the A.B.A. His law writing follows the same pattern as his history and fiction: he works to make large, complex topics simple and fun. David practices intellectual property and technology law with Sycamore Legal P.C., a San Francisco firm he founded. He lives in Northern California with his wife, a teacher, and their two sons. For more information, please visit www.DavidTollen.com.
- Author(s)David W Tollen
- PublisherWinifred Press
- Date of Publication04/08/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWinifred Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight414 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.