All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Jesus Man tells the story of one family, trapped between conflicting identities - while the parents were born Greek and Italian, the three sons, Dom, Tommy and Louie, have grown up as Australians. Haunted by their history and increasing inability to relate to each other, Tommy inexorably descends into a cycle of violence, porgraphy and madness. When he commits a terrible crime, his family must try to come to terms with the terrifying stranger he had become, and the hell that living had been for him. With page-turning, thrilling urgency, Tsiolkas' uncompromising and darkly humorous examination of the soulless void that life can become, detached from reality by techlogy, is an extremely powerful and timely vel, reminding us once again of his talent and originality as a writer.
- Author BiographyChristos Tsiolkas is the author of The Slap, which won the Commonwealth Writer's Prize 2009 and was longlisted for the Man Booker Prize 2010. He lives in Melbourne.
- Author(s)Christos Tsiolkas
- PublisherAtlantic Books
- Date of Publication03/11/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAtlantic Books
- Weight129 g
- Width130 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.