All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis groundbreaking book looks at one of the greatest cover-ups in history and dares to think the unthinkable about Christianity - that it was in fact a Jewish Mystery School modelled on the ancient Pagan Mysteries. The myth of Dionysus bears startling resemblances to the the story of Jesus Christ. It compares with the biblical story in the following ways: * Dionysus is God made flesh and is hailed as the 'Saviour of Mankind' and the 'Son of God' * His father is God and and his mother is a mortal virgin who afterwards becomes worshipped as the 'Mother of God' * He is born in a cowshed * He drives out demons, turns water into wine and and raises people from the dead * He rides triumphantly into town while people wave palms to hour him The date revered by the first Christians as Jesus' birthday was originally that of Dionysus, also the three day Spring Festival of Dionysus celebrating his death and resurrection coincides with the Christian festival of Easter. The last Supper and the Eucharist are also parallel Dionysian rites. This is t common kwledge as the story was a closely guarded secret of the Pagan mysteries. Secondly the evidence of Christianity's pagan roots were systematically covered up the Roman Church.
- Author BiographyPeter Gandy is a classical scholar with a particular interest in ancient Western spiritual traditions. He is currently studying for an MA in classical civilization at London University. He has been researching this subject intensively for over 5 years. He is the author of 'The Complete Guide to World Mysticism' and 'Hermetica'. Tim Freke is an authority on world spirituality. His books include: The Illustrated World Scriptures, Tao Te Ching and Principles of Native American Spirituality. He worked with Alan Aeira on the famous documentary on the Kogi people of Colombia.
- Author(s)Peter Gandy,Timothy Freke
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication06/03/2000
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note20 b/w illus, 8 col plates
- Weight274 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.