All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
About this product
- DescriptionSamuel R. Delany's The Jewel-Hinged Jaw appeared originally in 1977, and is w long out of print and hard to find. The impact of its demonstration that science fiction was a special language, rather than just gadgets and green-skinned aliens, began reverberations still felt in science fiction criticism. This edition includes two new essays, one written at the time and one written about those times, as well as an introduction by writer and teacher Matthew Cheney, placing Delany's work in historical context. Close textual analyses of Thomas M. Disch, Ursula K. Le Guin, Roger Zelazny, and Joanna Russ read as brilliantly today as when they first appeared. Essays such as About 5,750 Words and To Read The Dispossessed first made the book a classic; they assure it will remain one.
- Author BiographyWinner of both Hugo and Nebula awards and the Pilgrim Award for science fiction scholarship, SAMUEL R. DELANY currently teaches English and creative writing at Temple University. MATTHEW CHENEY is a columnist for Strange Horizons.
- Author(s)Matthew Cheney,Samuel R. Delany
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication15/05/2009
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWesleyan University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.