All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionRapiring the world (tikkun olam) is an integral part of Jewish life. It is a key feature in observances, holidays, and even madates how we should speak to one ather. But why is it important for christians to understand this Jewish approach to life? And what kind of impact can understanding this fundamental aspect of Judaism have on Christians seekignto develop a deeper understanding of their own faith? With insight and wisdom, Rabbi Dorff provides accessible, honest and thorough answers to this importna t concept in Judaism. With easy-to-understand explanations of Jewish terms, practices and history, each chapter explores a different facet touched by the tradion of tikkun olam, paralleling explanations with Christian themes and practices.
- Author BiographyElliot N. Dorff is Rector and Distinguished Professor of Philosophy at the University of Judaism and a former visiting professor at the UCLA School of Law. Former chair of the Academy of Jewish Philosophy and the Jewish Law Association, he is now vice chair of both the Conservative movement's Committee on Jewish Law and Standards and the Academy of Judaic, Christian, and Muslim Studies, and past president of the Society of Jewish Ethics and Jewish Family Service of Los Angeles. He has written over 150 articles and twelve books on Jewish law, thought, and ethics.
- Author(s)Cory Willson,Elliot N. Dorff
- PublisherJewish Lights Publishing
- Date of Publication01/03/2008
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationWoodstock
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJewish Lights Publishing
- Weight400 g
- Width141 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.