All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Jewish Graphic Novel is a lively, interdisciplinary collection of essays that addresses critically acclaimed works in this subgenre of Jewish literary and artistic culture. Featuring insightful discussions of table figures - such as Will Eisner, Ruto Modan, Art Spiegelman, and Joann Sfar - the contributors focus on how graphic vels are increasingly being used in Holocaust memoir and fiction, and to portray Jewish identity in North America. Europe, and Israel. This comprehensive volume is a compelling representation of a major postmodern ethnic and artistic achievement.
- Author BiographySAMANTHA BASKIND is an associate professor of art history at Cleveland State University. She is the author of Raphael Soyer and the Search for Modern Jewish Art and Encyclopedia of Jewish American Artists. RANEN OMER-SHERMAN is a professor of English at the University of Miami. He is the author of Israel in Exile: Jewish Writing and the Desert and Diaspora and Zionism in Jewish American Literature.
- PublisherRutgers University Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2010
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationNew Brunswick, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRutgers University Press
- Content Note10 colour & 55 b&w illustrations, & 1 graphic essay
- Weight658 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byRanen Omer-Sherman,Samantha Baskind
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.