All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne day at Nampa, which is in Idaho, a ruddy old massive jovial man stood by the Silver City stage, patting his beard with his left hand, and with his right the shoulder of a boy who stood beside him. He had come with the boy on the branch train from Boise, because he was a careful German and liked to say everything twice-twice at least when it was a matter of business. This was a matter of very particular business, and the German had repeated himself for nineteen miles. Presently the east-bound on the main line would arrive from Portland; then the Silver City stage would take the boy south on his new mission, and the man would journey by the branch train back to Boise. From Boise one could say where he might t go, west or east. He was a great and pervasive cattle man in Oregon, California, and other places. Vogel and Lex-even to-day you may hear the two ranch partners spoken of. So the veteran Vogel was w once more going over his tions and commands to his youthful deputy during the last precious minutes until the east-bound should arrive. Und if only you haf someding like dis, said the old man, as he tapped his beard and patted the boy, it would be five hoondert more dollars salary in your liddle pants.
- Author(s)Owen Wister
- Date of Publication16/07/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.