All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionDespite the length of time it has been around, its importance, and vast amounts of research, combustion is still far from being completely understood. Environmental, cost, and fuel consumption issues add further complexity, particularly in the process and power generation industries. Dedicated to advancing the art and science of industrial combustion, The John Zink Hamworthy Combustion Handbook, Second Edition: Volume One - Fundamentals gives you a strong understanding of the basic concepts and theory. Under the leadership of Charles E. Baukal, Jr., top combustion engineers and techlogists from John Zink Hamworthy Combustion examine the interdisciplinary fundamentals-including chemistry, fluid flow, and heat transfer-as they apply to industrial combustion. What's New in This Edition * Expanded to three volumes, with Volume One focusing on fundamentals * Extensive updates and revisions throughout * Updated information on HPI/CPI industries, including alternative fuels, advanced refining techniques, emissions standards, and new techlogies * Expanded coverage of the physical and chemical principles of combustion * New practices in coal combustion, such as gasification * The latest developments in cold-flow modeling, CFD-based modeling, and mathematical modeling * Greater coverage of pollution emissions and NOx reduction techniques * New material on combustion diagstics, testing, and training * More property data useful for the design and operation of combustion equipment * Coverage of techlogies such as metallurgy, refractories, blowers, and vapor control equipment Now expanded to three volumes, the second edition of the bestselling The John Zink Combustion Handbook continues to provide the comprehensive coverage, up-to-date information, and visual presentation that made the first edition an industry standard. Featuring color illustrations and photographs throughout, Volume One: Fundamentals helps you broaden your understanding of industrial combustion to better meet the challenges of this field. For the other volumes in the set, see The John Zink Hamworthy Combustion Handbook, Second Edition: Three-Volume Set.
- Author BiographyCharles E. Baukal, Jr., Ph.D., PE, BCEE, QEP, is the director of the John Zink Institute for the John Zink Company, LLC (Tulsa, Oklahoma), where he has been since 1998. He has more than 30 years of experience in the fields of industrial combustion, pollution control, and heat transfer and has authored more than 100 publications in those areas. Dr. Baukal has served as an adjunct instructor for Oral Roberts University, the University of Oklahoma, the University of Tulsa, and the University of Utah. He is the author or editor of eight books in the field of industrial combustion.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication07/12/2012
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Series TitleIndustrial Combustion
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note603 black & white illustrations, 93 black & white tables
- Weight2018 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byCharles E. Baukal
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.