All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDespite the length of time it has been around, its importance, and vast amounts of research, combustion is still far from being completely understood. Issues regarding the environment, cost, and fuel consumption add further complexity, particularly in the process and power generation industries. Dedicated to advancing the art and science of industrial combustion, The John Zink Hamworthy Combustion Handbook, Second Edition: Volume 2 - Design and Operations serves as a field manual for operators, engineers, and managers working in design and operations. Under the leadership of Charles E. Baukal, Jr., top engineers and techlogists from John Zink Hamworthy Combustion examine equipment design and operations in the context of the process and power generation industries. Coverage includes testing, installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting. This second volume features color illustrations and photographs throughout, and extensive appendices contain property data relevant to industrial combustion equipment and processes. What's New in This Edition * Expanded to three volumes, with Volume 2 focusing on equipment design and operations * Extensive updates and revisions throughout, reflecting new standards, energy sources, processes, and conservation concerns * New material on combustion diagstics and testing * Updated material on safety and combustion controls * New material on metallurgy, refractories, and blowers * Expanded coverage of burners, flares, and thermal oxidizers, including testing, operations, and troubleshooting * More property data useful for the design and operation of combustion equipment The second of three volumes in the new, expanded edition of the bestselling handbook, this volume helps you broaden your understanding of industrial combustion design and operations to better meet the challenges of this field. For the other volumes in the set, see The John Zink Hamworthy Combustion Handbook, Second Edition: Three-Volume Set.
- Author BiographyCharles E. Baukal, Jr., Ph.D., PE, is the director of the John Zink Institute for the John Zink Company, LLC (Tulsa, Oklahoma), where he has been since 1998. He has more than 30 years of experience in the fields of industrial combustion, pollution control, and heat transfer and has authored more than 150 publications in those areas. Dr. Baukal serves as an adjunct instructor for Oral Roberts University, the University of Oklahoma, the University of Tulsa, and the University of Utah. He is the author or editor of thirteen books in the field of industrial combustion.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication09/04/2013
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleIndustrial Combustion
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note628 black & white illustrations, 73 black & white tables
- Weight1791 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byCharles E. Baukal
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.97
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.