Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionAs far back as 1790, the ancestors of Dolphus Allen McCall and Sallie Ivey McCall called Elbert County, Georgia home. When singing instructor William Amos Jones arrived in Elbert County just before the First World War, a rich family heritage began. Jones married Kate McCall, took up farming, and the two of them raised eight remarkable children. In the company of a warm host of McCall, Childs and Fleming relatives, all living nearby, the quiet business of rural life passed through more turbulent American decades. The hallmarks of the family were those of our nation itself: faith, integrity, loyalty, service, and of course a sumptuous dinner table, laden with homegrown vegetables. This book sets forth the best of those dishes, as Kate and her kin lovingly prepared them.
- Author BiographyGayle Bailey Suggs is the daughter of J.C. (Jake) and Doris Jones Bailey and the granddaughter of Amos and Kate McCall Jones. Visits to Elbert County, Georgia in the 1960s and '70s were the highlights of growing up for her. Since then, she has collected information on family history, helped to arrange reunions, and cherished a lifetime of memories of the Jones-McCall clan and their value to Georgia, to the South, and to America. Gayle makes her home in Atlanta with her husband (Rob), their two children (Sally and Robert), and three cats.
- Author(s)Gayle Bailey Suggs
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication22/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.