All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1963 John Fowles won international recognition with his first published vel The Collector. But his roots as a serious writer can be traced back long before to the journal he began as a student at Oxford in the late 1940s and continued to keep faithfully over the next half century. Written with an unsparing honesty and forthrightness, it reveals the inner thoughts and creative development of one of the twentieth century's most invative and important velists. This first-hand account of the road to fame and fortune holds the reader's attention with all the narrative power of the vels, but also offers an invaluable insight into the intimate relationship between Fowles's own life and his fiction.
- Author BiographyJohn Fowles was born in England in 1926 and educated at Bedford School and Oxford University. John Fowles won international recognition with his first published title, The Collector (1963). He was immediately acclaimed as an outstandingly innovative writer of exceptional imaginative power and this reputation was confirmed with the appearance of his subsequent works. John Fowles died in 2005.
- Author(s)John Fowles
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication04/11/2004
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note32
- Weight481 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.