All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.69
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.73
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.70
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.56
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.51
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $15.78Trending at AU $17.63
About this product
- DescriptionThe first volume in a series of six comic-book adventures that bring the disaurs back to life. The Journey, the first title in Abbeville's Disaurs series, features over 60 pages in full-color. It takes place in the late Triassic period, 210 million years ago, in the rthern part of the supercontinent Pangaea. It follows the dangerous trek of a Plateosaurus--a giant herbivore--and her hatchlings in search of food. In Abbeville's Disaurs series, a talented artist and a ted paleontologist have teamed up to re-create the vanished world of the disaurs for young readers. Each volume in the series tells the story, in comic-book form, of a different disaur living in its particular geological time and place. The narrative is entertaining, while all the details of the disaur's behavior and its encounters with other species are rendered with scientific accuracy. At the back of each volume, meanwhile, are several short essays, abundantly illustrated with original drawings and photographs of fossils, that explain more about the creatures and geographical settings encountered in the comic.
- Author BiographyMatteo Bacchin is a Milan-based illustrator specializing in paleontological subjects. Marco Signore is a paleontologist known for his work on a remarkably well-preserved fossil of the small dinosaur Scipionyx samniticus. Mark Norell is curator in charge of fossil reptiles, amphibians, and birds at the American Museum of Natural History.
- PublisherAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication25/09/2008
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleDinosaurs!
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note64 colour
- Weight499 g
- Width195 mm
- Height298 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Matteo Bacchin
- Translated byMarguerite Shore
- Foreword byMark Norell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.