All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor more than twenty-five years, The Journey Prize Stories has been Canada s most celebrated annual fiction anthology and a who s who of up-and-coming writers. With settings ranging from Toronto s Royal Conservatory of Music to a hospital ward in Thailand, from British Columbia s Burrard Inlet to St. John s Bowring Park, the stories in this collection represent the year s best short fiction by some of our most exciting new writers. Among the stories this year: A woman s quest to trend on social media blinds her to her inability to connect with her own adult daughter. The delicate equilibrium maintained by a newly pregnant expat living in Israel is shattered when a missile lands in her backyard. An unusual guide to caring for an exotic pet highlights the many opportunities owners will have to learn valuable life lessons beginning with the pet s death. The tender relationship between two musical prodigies is match for the machinations of the adult world. After a woman returns to her parents house to recuperate from a life-changing surgery, she discovers how difficult it is for others to accept who she has become. A terrible act of cruelty forces the tensions between two workers at a fish processing plant to spill out into the surrounding waters. When a former couple has a chance encounter on a B.C. ferry, old grievances and desires alike resurface with surprising results.
- Author BiographyCraig Davidson has written three other books: The Preserve (as Patrick Lestewka), Rust and Bone, and The Fighter. His nonfiction has appeared in Esquire, The Washington Post, Nerve, Salon, Real Fighter, The London Observer, and elsewhere. Currently, he s hanging his hat in Fredericton, New Brunswick, where he is the deputy editor of an alt-urban weekly. Saleema Nawaz has published fiction in journals including Prairie Fire, Grain, The New Quarterly, and Prism International and she is an alumnus of the Writing Studio at the Banff Centre for the Arts. a The White Dress, a the final novella in her short story collection Mother Superior, won the inaugural Robert Kroetsch Award for Best Creative Thesis at the University of Manitoba; another of the stories, a My Three Girls, a appeared in the 2008 McClelland & Stewart Journey Prize Anthology.
- PublisherPaperblank Book Co
- Date of Publication15/10/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationPoint Roberts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintPaperblank Book Co
- Weight249 g
- Width130 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.83Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.