All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.74Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionBuilding on the success of his Life with Full Attention: A Practical Course in Mindfulness, Maitreyabandhu here offers a challenging but profoundly useful work on how to practise Buddhism in everyday life. Drawing on examples from the life of the Buddha, as well as weaving in astute references to poetry and art, Maitreyabandhu gives an easily understood outline of the system of spiritual life as undertaken by Buddhists in the Triratna Community. The journey starts with our own mind, particularly when we begin to look into the truth of things - the truth of the old man on the escalator, the friend in hospital, the coffin we help carry to the graveside. What we find in our guide, the Buddha, is a man with a 'fit' mind: a healthy, happy, n-neurotic, honest-to-goodness mind. To get fit, we need to work on becoming a happy healthy human being. We need to integrate our thinking faculty with our emotions. We need to wake up to thought and tune in to direct experience. And we need to work against the ever-rising tide of trivia, dissipation and overstimulation of the modern world.Maitreyabandhu takes us on this journey with practical week-by-week exercises, focusing on cultivating mindful awareness, being happy, integrating and simplifying our lives, kwing ourselves and truly being ourselves.
- Author BiographyMaitreyabandhu is an experienced teacher and a member of the Triratna Buddhist Order. Ordained in 1990, he has published articles on Buddhism and meditation in the UK and abroad. He is currently the director of Breathing Space, the London Buddhist Centre's health and wellbeing programme. He lives and works at London Buddhist Centre.
- PublisherWindhorse Publications
- Date of Publication11/08/2015
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWindhorse Publications
- Weight248 g
- Width163 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.